The South Carolina State Museum offers the perfect destination for homeschools with four floors devoted to South Carolina history, art, natural history and science, plus planetarium shows and 4D theater films.
The State Museum offers South Carolina homeschoolers:
- Free general admission for homeschool groups.
***This includes homeschool students and ONE adult, who is the designated teacher. Students and teachers must be officially registered with that particular homeschool.***
- Discounted rates for 4D theater and planetarium shows.
- Admission to Home School Thursday classes.
PLEASE NOTE: in order to receive homeschool benefits, all homeschools MUST present one of the following, along with a matching picture ID, when they visit the museum and on Homeschool Thursdays:
- An official and current homeschool association registration card or acceptance letter
- An official and current District registration card or approval letter
- An official and current SC Association of Independent Homeschools registration card or acceptance letter
Reminder, homeschoolers will NOT receive free museum general admission, discounted show tickets or admission to Homeschool Thursday classes without presenting both a picture ID and confirmation of homeschool registration.
Homeschool Thursdays are the 3rd Thursday of every month from September to April. Join us for a variety of fun-filled learning experiences. Registration for Homeschool Thursday is required.