Kick off the holiday season with this special evening event at the State Museum!
- Enjoy extended hours to explore museum exhibition galleries.
- See Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 4D and experience the new planetarium show, Áróra. Select shows include American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation (schedule below) *
- Meet Santa
- Participate in a fun holiday craft for the kids
- Experience night-sky observing in the Boeing Observatory (weather permitting)
- Shop in the museum store
- Live music from Cola Jazz quartet led by keyboardist Shannon “Deon Blue” Pinkney
- Grab a delicious bite from The Crescent Cafe by The Food Academy, including specialty items like their Jerk Chicken Egg Rolls and Shrimp & Grits Wontons. Plus, warm up with a cup of hot chocolate!
Cash bar with non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages including State Museum specialty craft beer, "Finns Up”
Light Up the State Museum for the Holidays
At the end of the evening special guest Judi Gatson will be on-hand as we officially “light” the planetarium dome with a special holiday display for the season. Courtesy of our friends at Ambient Media.
Museum General Admission for this event is PAY-AS-YOU-MAY on this special evening
Set your own general admission price - $1, $5, $10 or free – it is your choice! General admission includes access to all four floors of exhibition space.
4D and Planetarium shows are $5 each ($4 for members). Shows have limited capacity and advance online show ticket purchase is strongly encouraged as shows can sell out.
Proceeds from PAY AS YOU MAY general admission will go to the South Carolina State Museum Foundation in support of museum educational programs.
Áróra: 5 p.m.
Live Sky: 6 p.m. (includes ASL interpretation)
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer 4-D :
5:30 p.m. (includes ASL interpretation) | 6 p.m. | 6:30 p.m.